Codes & Standards
Lighting Control Conductor Insulation Wire Color Changes
The regulation change and what it means
To conform to new NEMA regulations (2020 NEC section 410.69), ACE LEDS is in the process of changing the Lighting Control Conductor Insulation Wire color, (which controls the 0-10V dimming function on many of our Drivers, Ballasts, and other Power Supplies) from Gray to Pink. THERE ARE NO OTHER CHANGES THAT WILL BE MADE TO THESE PRODUCTS. THE PRODUCT MODEL NUMBERS, WIRE GAUGES, LENGTHS, ETC. WILL REMAIN THE SAME.
The code requires that as of January 1, 2022 production of all affected 0-10V Dimming products must use a pink insulation color. Products produced prior to that date and are in stock can still be sold until depleted.
What ACE LEDS' 0-10V Dimming Products Are Affected
50W 400-1400mA 15-55V UV CC
15W 350/300/250mA 25-42V UV
25W 350/500/700mA MATCHBOOK UV
84W 1050-2100mA 24-40V BM UV
30W 125-700mA 14-42V UV CL P
60W 700-1400mA 27-55V UV CC
40W 15-55V Programmable UV CC
100W 24V UV CV Dim LLC
60W 700/1050/1400mA 30-43V CL2
98W 700-2100mA 28-47V UV CL P
10W 250/175/100mA MATCHBOOK UV
50W 400mA-1400mA 15-55V UV
50W 400-1400mA 15-55 V UV CC
60W 24V0 .250-2.50A UV CV LLC
15W 250/175/100mA MATCHBOOK UV
120W 1050mA 70-114V UV Dim
100W 24V .41-4.1A UV CV J-BOX
50W 400-1400mA 15-55V Prgrm BM
ELE Prvt Lbl 100W 24V .41-4.1
40W 500/700/1050mA 26-38V
60W 24V0 .250-2.50A UV CV
84W 1.4/1.75-2.1A 24-40V UV CC
40W 1050/700/500mA Matchbook
The above products will ALL have the new pink 0-10V wires beginning with January 1, 2022 production.
How ACE LEDS is implementing this change.
ACE LEDS has begun phasing this change in on all affected Drivers, Ballasts and Power Supplies
- New production of all affected 0-10V Dimming Drivers, Ballasts and Power Supplies will have:
- Updated wiring diagrams on the labels
- Pink "P1" circle on updated labels to illustrate that this has a revised wiring system
- A pink wire to replace the current gray wire.
- A NEW label on every pink wire that says: "Formerly Gray". We believe that this should greatly reduce any confusion on field installations.
- Specification Sheets are being updated.
- Updated Wiring Diagrams
- Updated "P1"graphic to show that it reflects the changes
- Updated product pictures
- Updated spec sheets will a Pink "P1" circle on the front page to illustrate that the product has been updated with a pink wire.